Rules for cleaning and disinfecting water in a well: eliminate turbidity and bacteria
The well in summer cottages is still the main source of water supply, because the central water supply networks rarely pass outside the city. But even if there is running water in the house, many owners prefer to drink well water, believing it to be cleaner and healthier. True, over time, a well mine can become a container for all kinds of bacteria and microorganisms, and only memories will remain of the former transparency of water. To prevent this from happening, the well should be periodically disinfected and cleaned.
What factors cause a decrease in water quality?
Water becomes unfit for drinking gradually and many factors influence this. Let's see which ones.
Sealing well rings
If, as a result of soil shifts, the rings are displaced relative to each other or water has washed the seams, then at the joints at the joints the dissolved soil will begin to penetrate. Abundant blockages will occur during spring floods, heavy rains and snowmelt. The water in the well will become cloudy, and drinking it will be unpleasant and dangerous.
Through depressurized seams between the well rings along with the overhead, dirt, chemicals and waste water will enter the mine
It happens that some industrial effluents from nearby enterprises or water from natural reservoirs fall into the aquifer. From this, the water in the well acquires various color shades. It can turn brown, turn brown, turn green and even turn black depending on the type of pollution. In this case, purification of water from the well will give little, because the aquifer will bring the same problems. The only way out is a filtration system on the way of water into the house.
You can find out how to choose a water purification filter from the material: voda / filtr-ochistki-vody-dlya-dachi.html
Increased amount of iron in an aquifer
Water with a yellowish tint will indicate an increased iron content in your well. It is impossible to remove it with the disinfection of water in the well. This problem requires the installation of special cleaning filters.
Stagnant water and its clogging from the outside
If the cottage is used periodically, then in the well there will be a problem of stagnation of water. When water is not used for a long time, organic matter accumulates in it, which enter the shaft with the wind, through the seams of rings, etc. A characteristic sign of decomposition of organics will be a black shade of water and an unpleasant aftertaste caused by the reaction of hydrogen sulfide release. In this case, cleaning and disinfection can help if it is carried out periodically, and not once.
Any garbage brought by the wind into the well will begin to decompose in the water and provoke the development of putrefactive bacteria and the appearance of a hydrogen sulfide smell
Lack of a canopy over a mine
If the well is made without a house or at least a canopy over the mine, then the quality of the water will necessarily decrease under the influence of sunlight. Their open release into the water contributes to the rapid growth and reproduction of microbes. A greenish tint of water will tell you about the violent activity of bacteria. To cope with an unpleasant problem, it is enough to make the mine closed.
You can make a cover for the well yourself, read about it: voda / kryshka-dlya-kolodca-svoimi-rukami.htmlRecent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
The walls of the well shaft, covered with green mosses, indicate that it is time to hide water from direct sunlight with a canopy
Ways to combat low-quality water
Turbid water: rules for cleaning the well
First, find out why the well is cloudy. If it becomes opaque due to particles of clay or sand, then a mechanical filter must be installed. If the turbulence is to blame for the turbidity, which seeps through the joints of the rings and brings dirt with it, then you must block its entrance. This is easy to verify: the water in the well will become cloudy after the rain has passed.
After finding out the reasons for the appearance of turbidity in the well, a complete pumping of water is carried out to clean the bottom and install a bottom filter
To restore water quality, carry out the following complex of works:
- Using the pump pump out all the liquid from the mine.
- They descend on the cable and clean all the inner walls of the rings from dirt deposits, silt, etc., using a stiff brush or scraper.
- Disinfect the entire concrete surface (as - say later).
- Sludge and all the garbage that fell into the column are scooped out from the bottom with buckets.
- Joints of rings and all cracks are carefully coated with sealant.
- Create a barrier to precipitation from the outside using a clay castle.
I would like to talk a little about the clay castle. It happens that when digging a well, they forget to create an obstacle for precipitation to enter the seams of the well rings through the soil. This device is called a clay castle. If this moment was missed - do it now: dig out the top ring of the well so that it turns out in a circle of the trench about 2 meters deep and 50 cm wide. Hammer it with all the clay as tightly as possible, making a deviation from the well on the surface. Such a unit will never let moisture in and take it away from the outer walls.
A clay castle is specially created at a slope from the well rings so that it diverts precipitation away from the walls of the mine
Hydrogen sulfide and bacteria: disinfect a well
Hydrogen sulfide is a product of the vital activity of bacteria, therefore it is better to deal with both problems comprehensively. First you need to disinfect the water in the well, choosing the way how best to do it. It is possible to carry out treatment with chlorine and ultraviolet lamps. Ultraviolet is expensive, but requires less preparatory work and does not change the taste of water. Special installations are produced that need to be installed indoors, as close as possible to the place of water consumption. But ultraviolet disinfection is best used as a preventive measure, because it does not improve the condition of the well itself. If the mine is already infected with bacteria, then it is better to clean it with chlorine, and after all the work put a UV installation.
Active chlorine is by far the most effective water saver. True, it is unsafe for human health, so the disinfection process is carried out strictly according to SanPiNu. First, people should wear gloves and respirators. Secondly, the dosage of the substance must be observed.
Consider how to properly clean the well and the water in it with active chlorine.
- The exact volume of water in the column is calculated and the active chlorine is poured there (10 g of substance per liter of water).
- Shake the water, plunging a bucket several times, lifting it and pouring the water back.
- Cover the shaft with the lid and allow 2 hours to “infuse”.
Chlorine lime disinfects water no worse than pure chlorine, but it needs to be infused and remove lime sediment from the solution.
- Two hours later, complete pumping of water begins.
- The bottom and walls are completely cleaned of silty deposits, mucus, debris, etc. (all this must be buried away from the well).
- Repair joints and cracks.
- Disinfect the inside of the shaft. To do this, dilute 3 grams of pure chlorine or 15 grams of bleach in a liter of water and coat the walls with a brush, roller or spray with a hydraulic console.
- They close the well and expect the column to be completely filled with water.
Silty deposits at the bottom of the well must be cleaned, otherwise the aquifer will be constantly diluted with decaying organic matter and have an unpleasant odor
An overview of the best methods for cleaning a drinking well will also be useful: voda / chistka-kolodca-svoimi-rukami.html
- When the well is filled again - refill it with chlorine solution. The composition is prepared as follows: dilute a liter of water with 200 grams of bleach, let it brew for an hour. The upper part (before sediment) is poured out, and the lower part is poured into the well, mixed with a bucket and left for a day.
- After a day, the procedure is repeated.
- Completely pump out water and rinse the rings with clean water, wiping them with a mop, brush or other device.
- They wait for the column to fill with clean water and pump it out again. So repeat so many times until the smell of chlorine disappears, and in the water its taste ceases to be felt.
- Boil water for drinking for 2 weeks.
If the cleaned bottom of the well is covered with silicon gravel, then it will filter both organic matter and all heavy metals falling into the groundwater
To finally make sure that water quality is restored, bring it to a special laboratory for analysis and only after conclusion begin to use it for drinking. In order to avoid further water pollution, it is necessary to carry out well maintenance on time. You can learn about the rules for operating wells from this video: