Repairing raspberries and its varieties: how not to make a mistake with the choice
In almost every homestead, raspberry bushes are found. It is loved by both adults and children for its juicy taste, unsurpassed aroma, healing properties. To prolong the fruiting of the plant, to make the crop plentiful, to get the opportunity to enjoy tidbits before late autumn is possible if you grow raspberries of repairing varieties.
What is repair raspberry
Raspberry is a plant beloved by gardeners of our country. It is a shrub with perennial rhizome and biennial fruiting shoots. The main difference between raspberries of repairing varieties from ordinary varieties is the possibility of obtaining a double crop per year. The berries ripen both on the shoots of the second year of life (which is typical for ordinary raspberries), and on the shoots of the current year.
The word "remontant" came to the Russian language from French (remonter - re-bloom, rise again). Remontance is inherent not only in raspberries, but also in other garden plants: strawberries, strawberries, some citrus and decorative-flowering shrubs.
Features of repairing raspberry varieties
Breeders have bred many varieties of culture, but all of them are united by the following features:
- The possibility of fruiting in the first year after planting. This is due to the rapid development of shoots that have time to fertilize, and then lignified. In the second year of the plant’s life, the crop ripens both on young branches and on lignified shoots of the previous year.
- The ripening dates of berries on shoots of different ages do not coincide. Thus, in one summer season, the gardener can get two raspberry crops. But for this, it is necessary to know and observe the agricultural practices necessary for the cultivation of a maintenance variety. For example, do not forget to regularly pick ripe berries on time and on time, otherwise the depletion of the plant is possible.
- Slow reproduction. Experienced gardeners know how quickly overgrown ordinary raspberries without proper care can turn into dense thickets. When planting a repairing variety, this process will be stretched over time for years.
Semi-remontant (pseudo-remontant, with signs of remontance) raspberries
As the name implies, such a raspberry combines the properties of both a remontant and a nonremontant variety. This feature lies in the fact that the shoots of the current year of such a plant are fruitful, but not entirely, but only the top (about a third). The lower part will yield crops only next year. Figuratively speaking, the top of raspberries is remontant, the bottom is ordinary.
When choosing raspberries of a semi-permanent variety, you need to take into account the characteristics of the growing region. In the northern regions of the country, the repair crown of the shoot may not have time to bloom in a short summer. Then raspberries will begin to bear fruit the next year, as a non-repairing variety.
If the shoot has bloomed, but the berries do not have time to ripen, then this part of the plant must be removed, since there will be no flowering and fruiting in the next year.
In the southern regions, a semi-repairing variety can behave as a repairing variety, that is, have time to produce crops both on the shoots of the current year and last year.
A semi-repairing variety that has won the love and trust of Russian gardeners is raspberry yellow giant. In addition to signs of semi-remontability, it is distinguished by an unusual color and good taste of berries.
Large berries of an unusual color will decorate any personal plot
The best varieties of remont raspberries
Among the variety of varieties offered by suppliers, choosing the right one in all respects is not an easy task. It is necessary to take into account both the climatic features of the planting region and the soil, as well as the rules of agricultural technology and the characteristics of the selected variety.
Early varieties of remont raspberries
Repairing raspberries can be grown with the expectation of obtaining two or one crop per season. In the first case (more suitable for the southern regions of the country, where a long summer gives the plant the possibility of full yield) in late autumn or early spring, the fruiting part of the shoot is trimmed. The berries can ripen in the rest of the shoot next year by mid-June. And the second wave of the harvest will be on the shoots that have grown this year.
When growing remont raspberries for one crop in the fall, its bush is completely trimmed to the root. Harvest is formed on the young shoots of the current year, but fruiting begins later (late June - mid July, depending on the cultivation region).
Augustine varieties raspberries bred by famous breeders I.V. Kazakov and S.N. Evdokimenko. It is distinguished by its compactness of a low bush (1.2 - 1.6 m), which usually consists of seven erect shoots. In the Central and Central Black Earth region of the country, the first wave of fruiting may occur after June 10, the second - after August 15, continue until the onset of the first frost. The variety is resistant to pathogens and harmful insects. Taste qualities of medium-sized berries are rated at 4 on a five-point scale. The application is universal: from fresh consumption to drying.
Augustine berries are rounded, dense, maroon
I liked this variety because the shoots are relatively low and there is no need for trellis. And the berries of this variety have a sweet taste, and, despite the average size of the berries, the overall yield is very high, as many side shoots with inflorescences are formed. I also note that the variety forms a lot of growth and therefore it is necessary to normalize the number of shoots of the current year so that the berries are larger.Nikolay
Variety of universal purpose, characterized by high productivity (reaching from 2.5 to 4 kg from one bush). The bush is tall (1.6 - 2.0 m), but at the same time compact, not sprawling. The shoots of raspberry Hercules are powerful, inflexible, upright; their number does not exceed 3-4 in the bush. Due to this, the bushes can do without garter. The variety is characterized by its unpretentiousness to growing conditions, namely, the composition of the soil and the frequency of irrigation. In addition to this feature, raspberries Hercules is loved by gardeners for their resistance to diseases and harmful insects.
Raspberry Hercules lives up to its name with both the height of the bush and the size of the berries
The berries are large, weighing 6 grams. By taste, they are rated at 4 points out of 5, but there is a pronounced sourness. Therefore, raspberries of this variety are often used for home canning (preserves, jams, compotes), where the acid of the berries is not felt due to the addition of sugar, and their aroma is fully revealed.
Hercules variety review - video
Raspberry Brusvyana is different from other varieties. Thorny spikes on the shoots are weakly expressed, which greatly facilitates harvesting. Bushes are powerful, stable, up to 2 m high, highly branched. Shoots are resistant to lodging. Has a lot of basal shoots. Demanding for watering, in a hot, dry summer, berries and leaves can dry in it. Excess moisture can also harm the plant.
Fruiting, as in the bulk of early ripe varieties, can begin as early as mid-June. Large (reaching 11 grams) fruits hold fast on the shoots, do not crumble in strong winds. In addition to the above, Brusvyana won the love of gardeners for its frost resistance. Resistant to diseases and pests.
Berries are large, conical in shape.
When cultivating raspberries Brusvyana should take into account the specific smell coming from the bush. Some sources consider the smell to be unpleasant and attribute it to the negative characteristics of the variety.
The berries of the variety are characterized by increased density, due to which they retain their conical shape even after prolonged cooking, therefore Brusvyana is considered one of the best varieties for jam. The taste qualities of the berries are good: sweet, juicy, with a subtle unobtrusive sourness.
Review of Brusvyana cultivar - video
High-yielding varieties of remont raspberries
Every gardener wants to get the maximum yield of berries. To do this, you need to choose those varieties that are marked "high-yielding."
A relatively young variety obtained by breeders in 2001. The bush is medium-sized, reaching 1.3 - 1.8 m in height, having an average of 6-8 shoots. Bryansk diva needs a garter shoots. Raspberry is also demanding on the soil: it prefers to grow on light sandy and sandy loamy soils with good sunlight. Heavy soils with close occurrence of groundwater are not suitable for the cultivation of this variety. Yields are high, but fruiting begins a little later than in the varieties indicated above (usually berries are harvested from late June-early July until the first frost). In the wet, rainy summer, the Bryansk marvel may undergo fungal diseases; the disease resistance is moderate. He does not like drought, when grown in the southern regions, drip irrigation in dry weather is desirable.Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
Bryansk diva belongs to large-fruited raspberry varieties
The yield of this raspberry variety is high, with proper agricultural technology it is 3 - 3.5 kg of berries from the bush. Berries of the Bryansk diva are large (on average 6 grams, maximum weight - 11 grams), elongated-cone-shaped (up to 4 cm long), sweet taste with a slight acidity and delicate aroma.
A peculiarity inherent in raspberries of the Bryansk divo variety is the growth of fruit twigs, two from each shoot node.
Unusual standard variety of remont raspberries, characterized by high productivity. The bush is low, reaching only 1.5 m in height, having strong erect shoots with shortened internodes. Raspberries of this variety are inherently decorative due to the density and compactness of the fruits. Berries are medium in size (4 to 5 grams).
The small size of the raspberry penguin is offset by their number
Taste rating of fruits is average - 3.7 points out of 5. Gardeners also note the lack of raspberry flavor. The main disadvantage of the variety is the low level of frost resistance.
Penguin Variety Review - Video
Which variety can be called the sweetest
The sweetness of berries is influenced by many factors: soil moisture, the frequency of sunny days during the ripening period, proper agricultural practices and care. But the taste also depends on the selected variety.
The variety is known since 1993. Since then, many Russian gardeners have managed to appreciate its merits. Raspberry Polka is considered one of the reference varieties of remont raspberries. It is a medium-sized (up to 1.8 meters in height) bush, usually consisting of 7-10 strong erect shoots that do not require a garter. Spikes are weakly expressed. Productivity is 2.5-4 kg of berries from the bush. Polka cannot be called an early ripe variety; usually, ripening of the crop begins in mid-July and continues until frost. Polka berries of a beautiful bright raspberry color, an interesting thimble shape: with a thickening at the base and narrowing to the nose. The taste score is the highest: 5 points out of 5. Berries are resistant to transportation, good for fresh consumption, for homemade preparations and freezing.
Reference grade of repair raspberries - Polka
Raspberry Polka berries are resistant to frost: unripe fruits will suffer a drop in temperature to -2 degrees, after which their ripening will continue.
When growing this variety, it should be remembered that such raspberries do not tolerate both low and high temperatures. Polka's frost resistance is average - she needs shelter for the winter. And in hot, dry summers, bushes need drip irrigation and shading.
Polka variety review - video
Raspberry varieties suitable for cultivation in the regions
In order to get the crop declared by the breeders, it is very important to choose the right variety suitable for cultivation in a particular region with certain climatic conditions, specific soil composition and moisture level. The conditions of the planting region will be decisive in the choice of variety.
The climate of Moscow, the Moscow region and the surrounding regions is characterized by a mildly cold winter and a moderately warm summer. Spring frosts are frequent. Thus, for cultivation in the suburbs, raspberries must be resistant to sudden temperature drops in spring and autumn.
Varieties of remontant raspberries suitable for cultivation in the Moscow Region - photo gallery
- Atlant proved to be resistant to harsh winters, and the early ripening of large berries allows you to get the maximum yield for the season
- The peculiarity of the Brilliantovaya variety is the long shelf life of the berries after harvesting, and on the shoots the ripened berries can last for a week
- Eurasia is an early ripe variety, popular among gardeners in the middle strip of the country for the rapid ripening of fruits and good frost resistance
- In addition to the attractive appearance of berries of an unusual color, the Orange Miracle variety fell in love with gardeners for the excellent taste of berries, high yield and large-fruited
- Polana is valuable for its special resistance to raspberry diseases (especially to fungal infections) and harmful insects.
- Raspberry Amber is distinguished by the unusual color of medium-sized berries of medium ripening and delicate taste.
- Nizhny Novgorod is characterized by good resistance to both frost and summer heat, but it should be noted that the taste qualities of the berries are average
- Raspberry Golden domes - a variety with apricot-yellow berries, rich taste, undemanding care
- Raspberry Gift to Kashin - medium-ripening variety, universal variety
Of course, choosing raspberries, it will be useful to hear the opinion of those who have already planted the desired variety in their summer cottage.
I like Diamond. Harvest ripens completely. The first berries are late July and early August. Whispering, up to 1.5 m is quite large. The taste depends on the weather, last year's warm September did not differ from the summer. The taste depends on the weather, good, in sunny and warm weather it is very good, and the aroma is raspberry. The yield is decent, it is good to feed (they brought manure, ash, nitrophos in the spring) and the branches bend. It reproduces normally, although it does not have much growth. Like that hissing.
I do not normalize shoots, I leave everything that has grown, some start to bloom early, others later. Therefore, fruiting is extended. By October, everything is ripening in me.anina (Tula region)
Raspberry "Hussar" The first berry ripened June 3 - 5. Berries ripen for a very long time (1 - 2 weeks) and in turn. Until one turns red, the rest do not grow and do not change color. This is very unusual for me, because my half-wild raspberry, which I got from the Soviet times, is reproducing like crazy. I have time to see how berries are poured with juice. But ... I like my semi-wild raspberry more. She's sweet as honey, but this ... She's none. Fragrant, huge and very beautiful (although each berry has an irregular shape), but none. I love sweet fruits, especially ripe ones. This one is too neutral for me. And someone who loves this one may like it. For this I put her 4.izhoga
Ural and Urals
The determining factor in choosing a variety in this region will be its frost resistance. Not every variety is able to tolerate long cold winters and spring frosts characteristic of this region.
Varieties of remont raspberries suitable for growing in the Urals and in the Urals - photo gallery
- Indian summer is a promising variety characterized by the friendly return of berries and early fruiting
- Golden Autumn is a large-fruited medium-ripening variety with an interesting amber-yellow color of conical berries.
- For its winter hardiness, resistance to sudden changes in temperature, friendly ripening of berries and resistance to diseases, Zorenka Altai is considered one of the best varieties for the Ural region
- Elegant Raspberry - an early ripe variety was named for the beautiful appearance of bright red cone-shaped berries with a good taste and aroma
This region is known not only for severe winter frosts, but also for hot summers. The raspberry variety for planting should be selected very carefully, taking into account its resistance not only to frost, but also to summer heat. An important factor will be a short growing season. All of the varieties presented below are resistant to frost, which makes them suitable for cultivation in the harsh climate of Siberia.
Varieties of remontant raspberries suitable for cultivation in Siberia - photo gallery
- Indian summer is distinguished by the height of the bushes (up to 2 m) and a long fruiting period
- The unusual creamy color of rounded berries along with high yield makes Dar Siberia interesting for growing
- Siberian gardeners variety Zarya evening fell in love with a long fruiting period - raspberries can be enjoyed until the frost
- Round Kalashnik berries with a noticeable glossy sheen
- Raspberry Unreachable - an early ripe variety with low (up to 1.5 m) bushes and bright scarlet berries of excellent taste
- Raspberry Chief - mid-season easy-to-care variety: upright shoots do not require garter and do not have thorns
- Raspberry Hat Monomakh - late ripening variety, characterized by drooping shoots requiring garter or propping, with fragrant tasty berries
5 years ago, I planted 2 bushes of remont raspberries of the CHIF variety. Now several bushes occupy an area of about 3 square meters. The berry is large, the taste is pleasant, but very large. The ripening is extended and it is not possible to collect a tangible amount of berries, as in ordinary varieties. Отдача урожая не более 60%.АНИ (Новосибирская обл.)
Центральные и южные регионы России
Умеренно-холодная зима и длительное лето этих регионов дают садоводам широкие возможности для выращивания самых разнообразных культур, в том числе и ремонтантной малины. Но не стоит забывать, что некоторые сорта плохо переносят жаркое засушливое лето юга России.
Сорта ремонтантной малины, выращиваемые на юге России — фотогалерея
- Малина Абрикосовая — сорт с желтой окраской конусовидных ягод, длительным плодоношением
- Жар-птица — крупноплодная малина с хорошими вкусовыми качествами, именно в условиях юга России успевает отдать весь урожай до заморозков
- Малина Журавлик — куст с высокими (до 2 м) стеблями и большим количеством ягод
- Малина Рубиновое ожерелье — высокопродуктивный сорт с ягодами универсального назначения
- Малина Херитейдж — это сорт американской селекции, отлично зарекомендовавший себя в условиях российского юга, имеющий отличные товарные характеристики ягод: высокоурожайность, крупноплоность, транспортабельность, отличные вкусовые качества
Мне Абрикосовая понравилась. Очень много ягод и до самых заморозков. По вкусу — ничего особенного, но и не плоха, на 4+. Пока было тепло — была сладко-кислая, потом кисло-сладкая, но думаю, что почти все малины себя так ведут. Неплохо размножается побегами. Требует обязательной подвязки, от обилия ягод — заваливается (у меня была подвязана к томатной тычке, завалила тычку и сама завалилась). При регулярном поливе ягоды были значительно крупнее. В прошлом году всю надземную часть на зиму срезала, из-за чего в этом году ягоды начали поспевать поздновато, в начале августа, наверное (не записала сразу, а теперь не вспомню точно). В этом году вершки срезать не стала — посмотрю как поведет себя на следующий год.furika (Ростов-на-Дону)
На личном опыте проверено, что важно не только выбрать сорт, но и правильно купить его. Для покупки выбирайте проверенные магазины и питомники. Ни в коем случае не покупайте саженцы у случайных продавцов, торгующих прямо из машин. Иначе рискуете получить неизвестное растение.
Сделать правильный выбор при покупке ремонтантной малины для своего дачного участка довольно просто. Нужно лишь знать особенности ремонтантных сортов и учесть факторы внешней среды, влияющие на выращивание плодово-ягодных культур (в том числе и малины) в вашем регионе.