The most unpretentious flowers for the garden: a selection of varieties for the "lazy" gardeners
A beautiful and well-kept garden requires significant labor and time. Many admit that changing activities is beneficial, but most of us come out of town to just relax surrounded by family and friends. Beautiful flower beds in this case - this is only a pleasant addition to the rest. Therefore, we choose unpretentious flowers for the garden, the cultivation of which does not require significant effort. But this does not mean that hardy plants are less attractive or bloom not so abundantly. Among the unpretentious cultures, you can choose those that will serve as a real decoration of the garden, and will not require increased attention.
How to improve your garden?
There are a lot of plants that do not require special care. First of all, we will figure out which ones we need. So, in order for the garden to make a good impression, you need to decide on the priority measures to improve it.
Anyone who sees this Moorish lawn will admire its beauty and naturalness. Meanwhile, you don’t even need to cut it
You can achieve the desired effect using:
- Hedges. Ornamental shrubs are able to divide the site into separate zones. For this purpose, it is better to choose plants that can do without cutting for a long time. It is important that the climatic conditions of your area correspond to those to which the shrub has become accustomed.
- A lawn of a special kind. An ordinary grass lawn requires care, especially in the first time, when weeds are still trying to regain their living space. It is much easier to use a Moorish lawn or with the inclusion of white clover. Such garden decoration does not need frequent haircuts and looks great.
- Vertical landscaping. Many recklessly allow hops to their plots. This is really an unpretentious plant that can braid large spaces in a fairly short time. But hop propagation is very difficult to control. This aggressor plant can do more harm than good. If some vertical surface needs gardening, then for this purpose it is better to use girl's grapes.
- Flower beds. Flowerbeds, rabatki, mixborders and other types of flower beds will decorate any garden. For a flower bed to bloom as long as possible, unpretentious perennials are needed that will form the basis of the flower garden. Annual sowing plants allow year after year to give the flower garden a new and fresh look. For the most impatient flower lovers, it is necessary to provide primroses, among which there are not so many really capricious plants.
A pleasant variety in the garden flora make all the flowering shrubs. They can be decorated and flower beds. They are planted as single plants and in small groups.
The composition of this green island is extremely unpretentious plants. No one can say that he looks groomed or unattractive
Beauty from year to year: the most unpretentious perennials
Choosing perennials, they are guided by the maximum sizes of an already adult plant. Groups of such crops are composed according to their size and flowering time. In this case, it is necessary to take into account light, moisture and soil preferences. If difficulties can arise with watering, then drought-resistant flowers should be chosen. Perennials, as a rule, do not need protection from frosts and tolerate summer heat well.
Plants can be planted in tiers so that the tallest create a background for the undersized, or are the center from which the less tall flowers diverge in circles or rays. Even inexperienced flower growers with pleasure plant the listed perennial flowers on their plot:
- Pion. Flowering at the end of spring attracts universal attention to this plant. In all subsequent time it will be just a green bush. Peony can delight 25 years, not needing a transplant.
- Hosta This is a beautiful plant with approximately 40 different species. Hosta flowers look like outlandish bells of lilac, violet or even white. Hosta leaves are particularly expressive and diverse.
The article will help you determine the sort of hosts: rastenija / xosta-v-landshaftnom-dizajne.html
- Stonecrop (sedum). A bushy compact plant with bright pink flower umbrellas will decorate the garden in Japanese or Chinese style. In such gardens, it looks especially organic because it comes from the countries of the East.
- The catchment (aquilegia). The catchment blooms in May and June. Since the 17th century, this plant enjoyed universal love precisely because of its unpretentiousness. It is believed that garden elves love aquilegia flowers. The exquisite beauty of the plant captivates and inspires.
- Daylily, dicenter and astilbe. These three plants share a love of the shaded corners of the garden. Large openwork inflorescences and brilliant foliage make these ornamental plants very attractive.
- Rudbeckia and Echinacea. Both plants are very similar in color to multi-colored daisies. They will decorate the garden in summer and autumn. Among perennials, they are considered the tallest. This circumstance must be taken into account when placing them on the flowerbed.
- Garden daisy and feverfew. Chamomile blooms for a long time and does not require much attention and care. At the end of September, it independently propagates by rhizomes. Unlike chamomile, feverfew flowers have a brighter color. However, chamomiles exceed pyrethrum in size.
- Primrose. This plant will provide a memorable flowering in early spring. Primrose can grow in one place for quite some time. After which it must be dug up and planted.
Flowering shrubs will decorate the garden. For example, hydrangea, forsythia, chubushnik (jasmine), Japanese quince, spirea, buldenezh and the lilac loved by all. Given the difference in flowering periods, it is better to choose the liverwort, lupine, lily of the valley, primrose and incense from the composition of perennials for spring flower beds. In the summer, long-lasting and bright flowering will please the cleaner, tiarella, stonecrop and daylily.
Peony, hosta, sedum and aquilegia. Take a look at these flowers and imagine how much they can make your garden and your life more beautiful and brighter.
Daylily, chamomile, feverfew, rudbeckia and primrose. A riot of colors and only positive emotions - this is what you can only dream of, going on vacation after a working day
We only bloom in summer ...
Annuals are often called simply annuals because they bloom throughout the entire summer. For the formation of carpet beds, such plants are most suitable. With their help, they create those complex geometric patterns that delight others. Perennials grow over time, so they are not suitable for accurate work. And one-year-olds are able to change accents and colors annually, reviving patterns and giving them a new appeal.Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
Popular and most popular annuals:
- Petunia. For flower beds, borders, and even for decorating balconies, this plant is great. In addition to a pleasant appearance, petunias have an aroma that is familiar to many from childhood.
- Nasturtium. An elegant orange flower gramophone and rounded nasturtium leaves look very positive. According to scientists, the orange color evokes only positive emotions.
- Salvia If the site has a lot of sun and moisture, then salvia must be planted. Undemanding to any other factors, it will bloom your flower bed with red "Christmas trees" of inflorescences.
- Marigold (calendula). Golden calendula daisies not only serve as a wonderful decoration. It is also a noble honey plant. It is possible that this information will come in handy over time. How to know?
- Marigold. Despite the fact that we are used to seeing these flowers literally everywhere, they always amaze us with their varied and plentiful colors. Marigolds can grow in drought conditions and do not pay too much attention to the soil that they got.
Planting marigolds on seedlings allows you to create beautiful compositions in the garden at the beginning of summer, read about it: ozelenenie / posadka-barhattsev-na-rassadu.html
- Astra and erigeron. The real queens of autumn are asters. Egeron (small-leaved leaf), which is perennial, echoes its beauty. Another perennial plant, chrysanthemum, does not lag behind.
The spring planting of annual plants should not be particularly tiring: routine work can ruin the whole effect of the result. Therefore, it is better to use sowing plants rather than growing seedlings. If it is possible to buy ready-made seedlings, this can make the process of creating a flower garden, which uses unpretentious annual flowers for the garden, not only easy, but also visual. The result will not have to wait long.
Petunia, Salvia and Nasturtiums. Who would have thought that the flowers that we used to see from childhood can be so beautiful. And nasturtium is simply embodied positive
Calendula (marigolds), asters and marigolds. These plants have different periods of abundant flowering, but we put them together to show how beautiful your garden can be, regardless of the season
Little Onion Positive
If someone decided to choose a leader among unpretentious flowers, he would stop at the bulbous. Most of these plants are not confused by shading, and insufficient moisture only stimulates the growth of their root system. However, with proper care, the bulbs will answer the gardener with such a flowering that does not need advertising.
Lilies and gladioli. The elongated plants seem to want to get closer to your face so that you can once again see how luxurious and fantastically attractive they are.
- Tulips There are as many varieties of this plant as there are places for their use. By the grace of its shape and the brightness of its colors, tulips conquered many gardeners. May and June are the time of their flowering.
You can learn how to plant tulips in spring so that they bloom in time from the material: ozelenenie / posadka-tyulpanov-vesnoy.html
- Daffodils, crocuses, muscari and hyacinths. All of these plants are early flowering. The only condition for their successful development is the absence of strong winds.
- Lilies The most preferred position for the lily, when its upper part is located in the sun, and the leg itself is in the shade. Abundant flowering and a variety of varieties - its trademark difference. By the way, the lily does not tolerate excessive attention to itself: after planting it should not be disturbed for 3-4 years.
- Gladioli. A flower that, according to legend, grew out of a gladiatorial sword, cannot be moody. However, well-groomed flowers differ markedly from those that are left to their own devices. Gladiolus is a lover of the sun, abundant watering and loose loamy or sandy loam soil.
- Dahlias. For dahlias, good air circulation is important, but they don’t like strong winds. But the sun for their luxurious colors need a lot. Planted in the right place, they will justify the legend according to which dahlias were once grown only in the royal gardens.
Also, material on the rules for the care of dahlias will be useful: ozelenenie / uhod-za-georginami-osenyu-podgotovka-k-zime.html
Before planting, you need to stock up on minimal knowledge about their preferences. Proper placement of bulbs is the key to their successful growth and abundant flowering.
Daffodils and hyacinths, dahlias. Bulbs begin to bloom in early spring. Among the first appear daffodils and hyacinths. And dahlias will delight from August to late autumn
Picky biennial flowering plants
Two-year-olds have proven themselves well, the cultivation of which is available even for beginner gardeners. Let's take a closer look at these plants.
- Daisies Poets compare daisies with a pearl necklace. At one time, it was these flowers that even pressed lilies on the national flag of France. Although the plant is perennial and not afraid of winter cold, it is grown in the culture as two-year-old flowers.
- Forget-me-nots. Surprisingly, in the languages of different nations, the name of this flower has the same meaning! Flowering in early spring makes forget-me-not appropriate for any garden.
- Garden violet. Large flowers, which we used to call viola or pansies, do not leave anyone indifferent. They are beautiful and that’s it.
- Turkish carnation. Enchanting coloring, undemanding and long flowering makes Turkish carnation a leader among two-year-olds who take root perfectly in our gardens.
Daisies and forget-me-nots are flowers that can awaken love and endless tenderness in a person’s soul. Just look at them without looking away.
Viola and Turkish Carnation. Looking at these plants, you never cease to be surprised at the limitlessness of the fantasy of Nature, which created the world around us so diverse and charming
As you can see, there are a lot of unpretentious plants. They can become an ornament of your garden. Here are just even the most unpretentious flowers for the garden require a respectful attitude to their preferences and at least minimal care. Therefore, watering, weeding and top dressing still can not do without. But resistant plants are not afraid of pests, they are not afraid of diseases and winter cold, and they practically do not need pruning.