DIY flower pots made of tires, concrete and other materials
Decorative elements of the garden are always very popular. A beautiful garden helps to break away from the worries of everyday life and fully relax. Flowerpots for a summer residence are not only an opportunity for a gardener to select the optimal soil composition for each green pet, but also the best way of arranging accents that can emphasize the harmony and magnificence of the garden. Decorative pots can be purchased in specialized stores or create unusual flower pots with your own hands.
A new use for old things - a flowerpot made of tires
Many gardeners, having found funny decorations for flower beds from car tires in city front gardens, often thought about the question “how to make a flowerpot from a tire that will become a worthy decoration of the garden interior”.
Car tires, having properly served their term, can find a new life by becoming an interesting and functional element of the decor of the garden plot
Do-it-yourself flowerpots from tires - a quick, convenient and most importantly free way to create original jewelry that can emphasize the beauty and splendor of plants planted at the bottom. You can get hold of material for making a flower pot in any tire workshop.
To create an unusual element of the interior of a personal plot, you need a little imagination and about half an hour of physical effort to cut the petals or other parts of the vase with a powerful knife or an electric jigsaw.
The technology for making a flowerpot with a do-it-yourself flower pot is quite simple. Any tire size can be selected: R12-R17, etc. So, let's go:
- Preparation of the basics . The cut of the rim is carried out with a knife along the border of the transition from soft rubber to thicker around the entire tire. Under the tread inside the tire is a metal cord, which can not be cut. The cord will serve as a natural boundary to which cuts should be made from the center to the tread in the sidewall of the tire.
- Cutting. 5-10 cm deep cuts are made with a well-sharpened knife. The width of the rifling is any, but not less than 10 cm, since subsequently they will serve as the basis for the decorative elements of the flowerpot.
- Inversion of the tire. After the cuts are made along the entire diameter of the tire, it is necessary to turn it inside out. To do this, the tire is turned upside down by incisions, with the foot fixed to the ground on the side with a solid rim in the area of transition to the tread. For eversion of the tire, efforts should be directed from the center of the product and at an angle of 45 degrees. Having turned out a small part of the rubber, further work is easy.
- The study of decorative elements . Turned inside out, the tire now looks like a real flowerpot, which is enough to supplement only with small elements and paint in the desired color. The rubber sections between the incisions can be further shaped into petals, semicircles, triangles. Do-it-yourself garden flowerpots will decorate the front area, patio, and relaxation areas.
- Filling the flowerbed with soil . Any agrotextile material is placed at the bottom of the flowerpot, preventing the germination of weeds and providing the necessary drainage of water. The tank is filled with fertile soil for planting plants and flowers. For this purpose, the tire from the truck is laid out at the base and filled with a layer of earth, from above - a vase of wheels R16-17, and a third level of a vase of tires R12-R13.
Here's how this whole thing looks:
To transform tires with a nice flowerpot, you should first remove a very strong solid inner rim, which is always located in the place where the wheel fits to the disk
Wanting to create a flowerpot for the garden on a stand, you can not cut the core at all, but use it as the base for the bowl
Here are some design examples of what can be done in the same style:
Self-made concrete vases
Wanting to create a spectacular decoration for a garden or flower garden, which will last more than one decade, you can make decorative flowerpots out of concrete with your own hands. You will need cement, sand, water and any form for pouring. If the acquisition of material for manufacturing is often not a problem, then with the search for the form, especially if it is original or complex, questions may arise. Finished forms can be found in construction stores. Often they are made of plastic.Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
Before filling the form with cement mortar, it is necessary to treat its inner surface with engine oil, grease or spray for processing concrete products. Surface treatment will subsequently make it easy to separate the mold from the concrete. The solution is kneaded in a separate container. Only after this is poured into a third in the form.
A container of smaller sizes (also treated with a spray) to create a recess for placing the flower is immersed in the center of the flowerpot when the solution is slightly set, but still quite liquid
The voids between the walls are poured with mortar to the edges and left for several days to solidify. The template is easily removed from the concrete pot after lightly tapping with a hammer all over the outside.
In the absence of the opportunity to bear the additional costs of buying a mold, you can use two ordinary cardboard boxes of different sizes. To do this, the seams of the box are reinforced with tape. A thin layer of sand is poured at the bottom of the larger box and cement mortar is poured onto one quarter of the box. While the solution is slightly fixed, another smaller box should be prepared and the bottom cut out in it. Then install this box on top of the cement mortar. The voids between the walls of the boxes also pour solution. It takes 5-6 days to solidify the form. The frozen pot is removed from the mold. The bottom of the vase is drilled in several places in order to ensure adequate drainage of water. A concrete flowerpot is ready for flowers: you can fill up a layer of soil and plant flowers.
We offer you the example of manufacturing a concrete pot using factory molds:
What else can be used as a flowerpot?
Outdoor containers for flowers made of natural materials: wood, stone, most organically fit into the natural environment. Original flower pots can be created from old wooden barrels, tubs, boxes, carts.
A real masterpiece can come from an old stump. The basis for such a flowerpot can be found in the forest. To create unusual decorations, old tree stumps of various intricate shapes are perfect. To create a recess for placing plants, drill holes in several places on the stump surface at a small distance from each other. After that, the inside of the wood is easily picked out with chisels. The resulting void in the center of the stump is filled with earth for planting.
In the hands of the master, at first glance, the usual containers can be transformed into surprisingly beautiful containers for flowers, which will become a bright touch of any interior
In such flowerpots compositions from several types of plants look spectacular: petunia, viola, balsam, coleus, lobelia, pelargonium
To extend the life of a flowerpot from a tree, it is desirable to treat the surface with antiseptics and cover with a layer of varnish or drying oil.
The main advantage of street flower vases is mobility, which makes it easy to change the "scenery" of the interior. Do-it-yourself flowerpots will not only become bright impregnations of the adjacent territory, they can organically complement and mask bald spots in flower arrangements of continuous flowering in flower beds.