DIY do-it-yourself brushcutter repair: troubleshooting
Benzokosa is one of the main tools of the summer resident, used to quickly put the land in order. Owners of private houses also purchase this tool for mowing grass on personal territory. The period of active use of benzokos and electric trimmers falls on the summer period. Before starting operation, the tool is brought into working condition: friction parts are lubricated, the cutting set is changed, and the fuel mixture is poured into the tank. If the engine does not start at all or stalls quickly without gaining a sufficient number of revolutions, then you have to look for the causes of malfunctions and eliminate the identified malfunctions. To carry out the repair of the brushcutters with your own hands, you need to understand its structure and the principle of operation of the main components. This information can be found in the instructions for use, which the manufacturer applies to the garden equipment without fail. Check for such a guide when buying a chainsaw. The imported instrument must be accompanied by instructions written in Russian.
How is a domestic motokosa arranged?
A long tubular rod is attached to the gearbox of a two-stroke internal combustion engine. A shaft passes inside the rod, transmitting torque from the gasoline engine to the cutting mechanism. Fishing line or knives rotate at a frequency of 10, 000 to 13, 000 rpm. In the protective case of the gearbox, there are holes in which grease is injected with a syringe. For the convenience of using the tool, the manufacturer equips it with a special adjustable belt that is thrown over his shoulder.
The cutting headset is attached to the brushcutters:
- The line, the thickness of which varies from 1.6 to 3 mm, is located in the trimmer head. When mowing grass, the line is subject to wear. Replacing a fishing line is done quickly and easily in two ways: by winding a fishing line of the same diameter onto a bobbin or by installing a new reel with an already wound fishing line.
- Steel knives with double-sided sharpening to a brushcutter to clean the site of weeds, small bushes, hard grass. Knives vary in shape and number of cutting surfaces.
On the U-shaped, D-shaped or T-shaped handle attached to the rod, there are levers of control of the brushcutter. The cutting mechanism is fenced with a special casing. Refueling household scythes with a mixture made from gasoline and oil, which is poured into the fuel tank. The device of semi-professional and domestic motokos equipped with a four-time gasoline engine is slightly different. The fueling scheme is also different: oil is poured into the crankcase, and gasoline is poured into the tank.
The measured piece of fishing line is folded so that one end is 15 cm longer than the other. We loop the loop into the slot on the reel and begin to wind it in the direction indicated by the arrow
What to do if the engine does not start?
If it is not possible to start the brushcutter, then the first thing to do is check the fuel in the tank and its quality. To refuel the tool, it is recommended to use high-quality gasoline purchased at gas stations, the brand of which should not be lower than AI-92. Saving on cheap fuel can lead to a breakdown of the cylinder-piston group, the repair of which can take a third of the cost of the scythe. Equally important is the proper preparation of the fuel mixture from gasoline and oil. The proportional ratio of these components of the mixture is indicated by the manufacturer in the manual. It is not necessary to prepare the fuel mixture in large volumes, as long-term storage will lose its properties. It is better to use a freshly prepared mixture.
When preparing the fuel mixture, pour oil into gasoline using a medical syringe, which allows you to precisely observe the required proportion of components
Contamination of the fuel filter in the tank may also interfere with the operation of the engine. Therefore, if there are problems starting the motor, check the condition of the filter. Replace the filter if necessary. Do not leave the inlet pipe without a fuel filter.
The air filter also needs to be checked. When contaminated, the part is removed, in the field it is washed in gasoline and put in place. In the country or at home, the filter can be washed in water using detergents. After that, the filter is rinsed, wrung out and dried. The dried filter is moistened with a small amount of oil used to prepare the fuel mixture. Excess oil is removed by squeezing the filter by hand. Then the part is installed in place. The removed cover is put back and fixed with screws.
The air filter, washed in the fuel mixture, wrung out and dried, is put in place in the plastic case and closed with a lid
How this procedure is done, you can look at the video in more detail:
If all of the above procedures are carried out, and the engine does not start, then adjust its idle speed by tightening the carburetor screw. In the video posted at the beginning of the article, attention is paid to this issue.Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
Quick Start Tips
So, in order:
- Lay the tool on its side so that the air filter is at the top. With this arrangement of the chainsaw, the fuel mixture will hit exactly the bottom of the carburetor. On the first attempt, the engine will start if you remove the air filter and start pouring a few drops of the mixture into the carburetor before starting, then reinstall the dismantled parts. The method has been tested in practice.
- If the first tip does not work, then most likely the problem is the spark plug. In this case, unscrew the candle and check its operability, as well as dry the combustion chamber. Replace a candle that does not show signs of life with a new one.
- If the spark plug is in good condition, the filters are clean and the fuel mixture is fresh, then you can use the universal way to start the engine. Close the carburetor air choke and pull the starter handle once. Then open the shutter and pull the starter another 2-3 times. Repeat the procedure three to five times. The engine will certainly start.
Some people pull the handle with such force that they have to repair the starter with their own hands. This is only possible if the cable breaks or the handle of the cable breaks. In other cases, it is recommended to replace the starter. This unit is sold complete.
How to replace the spark plug?
The procedure is as follows:
- Stop the engine and wait for it to cool.
- Disconnect the high voltage wire from the spark plug.
- Unscrew the part using a special key.
- Inspect the spark plug for replacement. The part changes if it is faulty, very dirty, has a crack on the case.
- Check the gap between the electrodes. Its value should be 0.6 mm.
- Tighten a new spark plug inserted into the engine with a wrench.
- Install the high voltage wire to the center electrode of the plug.
As you can see, there is nothing super complicated in this procedure.
A new spark plug for a two-stroke internal combustion engine of a gasoline braid is installed instead of the old part that has failed
Why does the brushcutter stall after startup?
After starting, the motor may stall if the carburetor is incorrectly adjusted or if it has been out of alignment. By what signs can we understand that the reason really lies in this? Very simple in vibration, which will be clearly felt during the operation of the mower. You can adjust the fuel supply yourself, by doing everything that is written in the instructions for use of the tool.
The motor may stall due to a clogged fuel valve. The cause is eliminated by cleaning it. If the brushcutter started up, and then suddenly stalled, it means that the fuel supply to the carburetor is difficult. Loosen the carburetor valves to ensure that the right amount of fuel is available to it.
If the air leaks too much, the engine may also stall. Increase engine speed so that air bubbles exit the unit's fuel system faster. Also, be sure to check the integrity of the fuel intake hose. If mechanical damage (cracks, punctures, etc.) is detected, replace the part.
How to clean and store the tool?
During the operation of the brushcutter, monitor the condition of the engine cooling system. The channels in the starter housing, as well as the ribs of the cylinder, must always be clean. If you ignore this requirement and continue to operate the brushcutter, you can disable the engine due to overheating.
Proper care of the gas spit during operation allows you to use it for several seasons in a row without major repairs
Allow the engine to cool before cleaning. Take a soft-brushed brush and clean the outside of the dirt. Plastic parts are cleaned with solvents, including kerosene, or special detergents.
At the end of the summer season, the brushcutter should be prepared for long-term storage. For this, the fuel mixture is drained from the tank. Then the engine starts to produce fuel residues in the carburetor. The entire instrument is well cleaned of dirt and sent to "hibernation".
As you can see, it is possible to carry out repair of malfunctions of household gas mowers on their own. Service should be contacted in case of serious damage. At the same time, the cost of repair should be correlated with the price of a new gas trim. Perhaps it would be more advisable to buy a new tool.