Cocktail tomato Goldfish: fulfills the wishes of summer residents!
The Golden Fish variety will fulfill the gardener's three wishes: it will grow a lot of tomatoes that will be tasty and, importantly, beautiful. Orange tomato is rich in carotene and does not cause allergies, therefore it is useful for both adults and children.
On the origin and characteristics of the tomato Goldfish
The variety is listed in the State Register of Breeding Achievements since 1999, has received approval for cultivation in all regions of the Russian Federation. The company "Gisok Agro" is responsible for its safety. Seeds are sold by other companies (Aelita, Zedek), but there are a lot of complaints about re-sorting on the forums. Therefore, it is better to buy a real Goldfish with the marking "Gisk".
To be sure of quality, buy seeds from the author
Tomato Goldfish is designed to grow:
- in the middle zone of the Russian Federation, in the north and in Siberia - in greenhouses and under temporary shelter (hotbeds);
- in the south of the country - in open ground.
The variety is not grown on an industrial scale, created for amateur sites and small farms.
The Goldfish bush is indeterminate, that is, prone to continuous and unlimited growth. In a greenhouse, a tomato quickly reaches the ceiling, and in open ground it grows up to 1.5 m. The stems are not very powerful, rather thin, require garter.
A distinctive feature of the Goldfish is the abundant fruiting on a fragile stem
The ripening tomato is mid-season: 120 days elapse from seedlings to the start of fruit harvest. The first inflorescence is laid quite high - over 8-9 leaves, the next - through three leaves. However, fruit brushes are long, overlapping empty spaces. During the ripening of the harvest, bushes hung with orange garlands of fruits look decorative.
Description of the fruit, their purpose
By the type and size of fruits, the Goldfish can be attributed to the fashionable cocktail tomatoes today (beautiful and small). Tomatoes have a cylindrical shape with a sharp nose. The average weight of each is 90 g, but there are specimens of 30 g and 120 g.
Unripe fruits are colored green with a dark spot on the stem, in full ripeness they turn bright orange. Inside, there are only two seed chambers, the pulp is dense, juicy, with good taste, usually sweet.
The nuances of taste depend on agricultural technology and weather: the more sun, the sweeter the fruits.
On unripe tomatoes there is a dark green spot at the stem, ripening, the fruits turn orange
The productivity of one bush is 2.5–3 kg, and 1 m² of bed is 8.7 kg. Tomatoes of the Goldfish are delicious fresh, they can be served whole to the table. They will also complement and decorate salads, appetizers, assorted pickles with their orange color. In salting, tomatoes remain strong and beautiful.
Variety value: stable yield, high palatability and increased beta-carotene content in fruits, fruit's suitability for whole-canning, poor susceptibility to late blight.
Despite this description from the State Register, the Zolotaya Rybka is still ill with late blight, as its harvest spets in a period favorable for the development of this disease: in late summer - early autumn. In addition, the fruit may be affected by vertex rot.
Video: Goldfish tomato review, vertebral rot problem resolution
Pros and cons of the variety
The main advantages of the Goldfish, which the gardeners themselves note:
- decorative bush and fruits;
- good taste, tomatoes are sweet and fleshy;
- riotous growth, which at first pleases;
- abundant fruiting.
There are a few minuses:
- average ripening period, in regions with a short summer, a small number of brushes manage to ripen;
- affected by disease;
- when buying seeds often comes across regrowing.
Table: comparison with similar varieties with yellow and medium-sized fruits
|Golden drop||The fruits are beautiful, but the taste is ordinary. The bush grows very aggressively, forms many stepsons - several pieces from each sinus. The labor involved in constant pruning is not justified by the result.|
|Golden bullet||Bushes frail, few tomatoes, the taste is mediocre.|
|Yellow cream||The fruits are sour, sweet only when fully ripened. There are voids inside tomatoes. The variety is affected by vertex rot.|
|Chukhloma||In the Goldfish, the brushes on the stem are evenly distributed up to the ceiling. The fruits of the upper brushes differ little in size from those below. Chukhloma has fewer brushes, on the upper tomatoes it is noticeably smaller than on the lower ones.|
|Wonder of the world||Gardeners complain that this variety produces too many fruits, nowhere to go from the harvest. The brushes are huge, you need to tie them to the trellis and them. Stretched fruiting. The tomato is cold-resistant, suitable for salads and canning, but the taste is “mediocre”.|
Photo Gallery: Compared Varieties of Yellow Tomatoes
- Yellow cream will be sweet only when fully ripened
- The fruits of the Golden Drop look very beautiful
- Golden bullet bush gives few fruits
- Chuhloma fruits are stored for a long time
- Wonder of the world gives a lot of fruit
The mid-season variety Goldfish for seedlings is sown in early March. Tall tomatoes already in the seedling period show great growth power. They will overtake and obscure other plants on the windowsill, take up a lot of space.
In addition to the traditional transplant, which is carried out when the first true leaves appear, 2-3 may be required, since the plants will quickly fill the cups or pots with the roots.
Tall tomatoes in seedlings require a lot of space on the windowsill, squeeze each other
In addition, already at the stage of sowing, it is necessary to take into account the risk of infection with fungal diseases. Be sure to rinse the seeds in a purple solution of potassium permanganate, and disinfect the ground, spilling it well with boiling water, or warm in the oven to 100 ° C. Till the soil a week before sowing.
Seeds can be sprouted:Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
- Sow them in a common bowl to a depth of 1 cm according to the 3x5 cm pattern.
- At a temperature of about 25 ° C, seedlings will appear in 5–7 days.
- Transfer them to a bright windowsill. Optimum temperature for further growth: 20–25 ° C, at night no lower than 15 ° C.
- Seedling care consists in watering as the soil dries and fertilizing, start doing them a week after transplanting into individual pots. As fertilizers, use ready-made mineral mixtures (Fertika, Agricola, Clean sheet). In a greenhouse or greenhouse you can water not very pleasantly smelling organic, for example, infusion of litter or nettle.
A week after transplanting into pots, you need to start feeding seedlings with fertilizers
- Repeat feeding every 2 weeks.
Video: 5 main mistakes when growing tomato seedlings
Landing on the site
For the prevention of diseases, you need to responsibly approach the preparation of the beds for planting seedlings. Do not grow tomatoes every year in one place, you can not plant them after potatoes, peppers and eggplant.
Every year, when choosing a place for planting, you must follow the rules of crop rotation
If you plan to relocate the Goldfish to a greenhouse where you constantly grow tomatoes, then replace the top 20–25 cm of the earth or treat it and all surfaces, including garters, with contact fungicide. The most common is a Bordeaux mixture.
- Seedlings Goldfish planted according to a pattern of 60x50 cm.
- In the greenhouse, form into 2 stems, in the open ground - into one.
- Be sure to tie and re-tie the growing stems to stakes or trellises.
- As the bush grows, young leaves will appear, and new stepsons will appear in their sinuses. Throughout the season, you will have to monitor this process and remove unnecessary shoots in time - excess tops will take food from the bush, yield will decrease.
The stalk of the Goldfish is long, there are many leaves, in the bosom of each such stepsons will grow
The rest of the care for the Golden Fish in the garden comes down to the usual agricultural practices:
- pour warm, settled water as soon as you notice that the lower leaves have lost their elasticity and droop: in the greenhouse - 1-2 times a week, in open ground the frequency depends on the weather;
- for disease prevention, add 1-2 tbsp to each watering can in each watering l Phytosporin concentrate;
- feed every 10-14 days with complex fertilizers for tomatoes, which include potassium and trace elements, nitrogen-rich organic for fruit-bearing tomatoes is not suitable;
- mulch the ground with dry straw, remove the leaves under the brushes with special tomatoes;
- when the temperature at night begins to drop to +13 ° C and lower, pinch the tops and remove all blooming brushes - the fruits will not have time to grow on them.
Reviews of vegetable growers about the Goldfish
I planted this fish gold from Zedek, of the 5 roots, the fish alone turned out to be gold, and the remaining 4 ended after four brushes and the tomatoes on them were saturated orange. And the fish that turned out to be indeterminate, its fruits were lemon-colored, so I left them for seeds. Everyone’s taste is very good, but it’s a pity that these 4 shorties took a place in the greenhouse. Now I don’t trust Zedek, a complete reassortment in both the Black Moor and the Black Prince.malinasoroka
I planted a goldfish. Fleshy, watermelon flesh, non-acidic. The bush looks very beautiful. In the brush of pieces 6 and the brush is quite clearly repeated. Rushing like crazy up, 2 meters for sure, I had to put the horizontal string. From the ground, the fruits begin quite high, I’ll probably be planting in order to save 40 cm. I planted March 1. The fruits in mid-July went. When salting, the skin cracked, but the flesh kept its shape well. With a long lay, the ass wrinkles. Compared with the banana variety, the fish is a hundred times better. I like this variety very muchVasilieva
Last summer I planted a Goldfish from Aelita. How regretted that, a - spent time growing seedlings, b - took a place in the greenhouse. It's good that at least the seeds were worth a penny. And only 2 bushes, and the whole picture in the greenhouse spoiled. Long, almost bald bushes grew, that is, there were very few tomatoes. The first time I grew such terrible tomatoes. And in addition, my family refused to even try the little that has matured.Lydia
For several years I have been planting an orange cultivar Zolotaya Rybka from orange. Sweetlanna
Harvest of tomatoes is just o-huge. Only this year, the "Golden Fish" was still planted, it beckoned me with late blight (Fedenka
I liked the goldfish - delicious, plentiful. Beautiful. There is one drawback - the medium-late variety. A lot of ovary, which has not matured.buggagashenki
Goldfish is a beautiful and tasty tomato, but a bit problematic to grow. You will have to not only take into account its features as a tall tomato, but also carry out disease prevention.