Cabbage Aggressor F1: variety features
Aggressor F1 received not the most consonant name for the variety of cabbage because of its distinctive qualities: rapid growth, unpretentiousness, and immunity to diseases and pests. Aggressor is a hybrid of Dutch selection. The variety was introduced to the State Register of Breeding Achievements of the Russian Federation relatively recently - in 2003, but has already received high praise not only from the owners of individual garden plots, but also from companies that are engaged in growing vegetables on a large scale.
The main characteristics of the variety Aggressor
First, let's look at the State Register of Breeding Achievements of the Russian Federation.
Table: hybrid description based on data from the State Register
|Year of inclusion in the State Register||2003|
|Category||First generation hybrid|
|Ripening period||Medium-late (130–150 days elapse before technical ripeness)|
|The average weight of the head||2.5–3 kg|
|Taste qualities||Good ones|
|Productivity||431-650 kg / ha|
|Maximum yield||800 kg / ha|
Variety Aggressor can be grown not only in personal plots for personal use, but also on an industrial scale. In the Moscow Region, the maximum yield of the Aggressor cultivar is 800 c / ha. The stable yield of the hybrid is 450–600 c / ha.
Variety cabbage Aggressor F1 will give a guaranteed high yield
Here's how an experienced farmer responds to this hybrid, having tried many varieties for the industrial cultivation of cabbage.
Video: characteristics of the hybrid Aggressor from the farmer
Appearance of cabbage
Hybrid Aggressor F1 has a classic look for a white-headed culture: medium-sized leaves with a raised rosette, color - gray-green with a wax coating, slightly wavy along the edge. Heads are medium-sized, rounded, dense, whitish in cut.
Variety cabbage Aggressor F1 has a classic appearance
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Among the indisputable advantages of the Aggressor F1 variety are:
- very high germination of seed material;
- the possibility of seedling cultivation;
- unpretentiousness, undemanding to watering;
- friendly ripening of the crop;
- beautiful presentation of heads that are not prone to cracking;
- resistance to fusarium wilt;
- good indicators of preservation (up to six months) and transportation.
Among the shortcomings of the hybrid note:
- the relatively high cost of seeds (unprofitable if grown in large volumes);
- possible disease keel;
- stiffness of leaves and the presence of bitterness during salting (according to some gardeners).
Outdoor cabbage cultivation
The possibility of rearing seedlings of cabbage of this variety is one of its advantages.
Reckless way of landing
Cultivation of cabbage Aggressor F1 seeds passes according to the following rules:
- The bed is prepared in advance, a sunny location is preferable for it.
For cabbage beds, it is better to avoid shaded areas, because the culture loves the bright sun
- The best sowing date is the end of April-beginning of May.
- Planting seeds is carried out in moist soil.
Before sowing cabbage seeds, the soil is abundantly watered.
- Landing pattern - 50x50 cm.
- 2-3 seeds are lowered into each well to a depth of not more than 1 cm.
Cabbage variety Aggressor F1 can be grown in a non-seedling way
- Landings require protection with covering material until emergence.
After sowing cabbage seeds, the beds are covered with a film material to protect against possible spring frosts
- After the shoots have grown, leave the strongest, the rest can be transplanted to another place or removed.
After the appearance of 3-4 of this leaf sprouts cabbage thin out
Video: planting cabbage in a non-seedling way (useful tricks)
If you grow cabbage through seedlings
Variety cultivation through seedlings occurs according to the traditional scheme:
- It is more convenient to sow seeds in peat cups or tablets; optimal time is the first decade of April.
Peat tablets are ideal for planting cabbage seeds
- When preparing the seed material, it is necessary to soak it in hot water (50 ° C) for 20 minutes, then place the seeds in cold water for 2–3 minutes and dry.
Soaking cabbage seeds before planting is carried out to prevent the development of fungal and other diseases of seedlings
- Seeding depth is 1 cm. After germination, the seedlings are placed in a sunny place with a temperature of at least 16 ° C.
After sowing seeds, the containers can be covered with a film to accelerate the emergence of seedlings
- To seedlings become stronger, they need to be hardened. To do this, they are taken out into the street or a sunny veranda during the day, and returned to the room at night.
Aggressor F1 cabbage seedlings are sown in peat cups or tablets
- 35-40 days after the emergence of seedlings, the seedlings are ready for planting in a permanent place.
Hybrid cabbage seedlings of the hybrid Aggressor F1 are planted in open ground 35–40 days after emergence
Transplanting into open ground transports seedlings painlessly, so more often gardeners still choose the last method of planting.Recent entries In April, I process roses so that no pests encroach on my beauties
5 Japanese plants that take root well in Central Russia
How do I protect seedlings from my curious cats
The best predecessors for cabbage are all types of legumes, as well as potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes.
The rules for caring for seedlings are simple, but they must be followed even with all the unpretentiousness of the Aggressor variety:
- Watering cabbage is carried out with water at room temperature, preferably in the morning or evening hours.
- Cabbage needs to be watered abundantly every 3-4 days.
- In order for the plants to have enough light, it is better to plant undersized plants as a sealant: calendula, marigolds, spicy herbs.
- During the season, 3-4 loosening is required. The first time - one and a half to two weeks after planting, at the same time, hilling is carried out.
In order to grow full-fledged heads of cabbage, Aggressor F1 varieties of cabbage need to be loosened and fed regularly
Table: Features of fertilizer application
|Feeding time||Top dressing|
|7–9 days after diving seedlings||2 g of potassium fertilizer, 4 g of superphosphate, 2 g of ammonium nitrate are dissolved in 1 liter of water. Fertilize after preliminary watering of the soil to avoid burns.|
|Two weeks after the first feeding||The amount of introduced substances is doubled. Slightly yellowed seedlings are fertilized with a liquid solution of fermented manure at a rate of 1:10.|
|Two days before transplanting seedlings in open ground||A nutrient mixture is introduced, consisting of 3 g of ammonium nitrate, 8 g of potassium fertilizer, 5 g of superphosphate per 1 liter of water. This mixture can be replaced with Kemira Lux fertilizer (1 tbsp. Per 10 liters).|
|When leaf growth begins||Watered with a solution prepared from 10 g of ammonium nitrate in 10 l of water.|
|When heading out||Dissolve 4 g of urea, 5 g of double superphosphate, 8 g of potassium sulfate in 10 l of water and pour the cabbage (1 l under each bush).|
One of the drawbacks of this variety is susceptibility to the disease of the keel.
In the case of a disease, a keel plant is dug up with a lump of earth and destroyed
To prevent the disease, during the autumn digging of the site it is useful to add ash at the rate of 500 g / m2. When a disease is detected, cabbage and other cruciferous crops can be grown in this place only after 4–5 years.
Heads "Aggressor F1" are always large, dense and juicy, do not crack. They are well stored in the cold, suitable for pickling. They cultivate this variety for many years, and always get only high yields. I advise everyone to it.
Cabbage Aggressor F1 is one of the best varieties of cabbage at the moment, as for me. The hybrid is late ripening; the period from seedlings to harvesting is 4 months. The plant develops rapidly, tolerates short-term droughts, resistant to diseases. With normal care, I received heads weighing 4–5 kg, but I don’t need such large heads, so I make plantings a little thicker, while the yield per hundred parts remains the same, and the heads are smaller, weighing up to 3 kg. I don’t use chemical fertilizers, since autumn I have been putting organic matter into the soil under cabbage at the rate of 50 tons per hectare. Cabbage can stand on a root for a long time, does not crack, does not rot. I start cleaning at the first frost - the leaves become softer. Cabbage is perfectly stored until spring. The palatability is excellent. I recommend, plant, you will not regret.
He has been helping me out for the third year, because with the varieties that I tried, you can stay without cabbage at all for the winter, and this hybrid is stable, hardy, which gives more confidence in the crop. I’m in a hurry with seedlings - I sow in March - April (almost every seed sprouts), I transfer it to the ground for permanent residence - in 1-3 weeks of May, where I leave it right up to the first mild frosts. Heads - one to one; there has never been a crack, even from heavy rains or watering; not one has spoiled over the winter in the cellar; not one was sick in the garden. And last year’s drought, the Aggressor steadfastly survived (I rarely watered it), although when pickling it was noticeable that it let less juice than usual. From pests, except that no one is safe - there are problems with this.
“If you saw what kind of cabbage I grew up, you would not ask me to return, ” the Roman emperor Diocletian replied to a request to return to state rule. It seems that Diocletian would also choose the Aggressor hybrid if he had already been bred in those days. The variety is good in salads, for the preparation of culinary dishes (cabbage soup, borsch, cabbage rolls, etc.), suitable for pickling and long-term storage. Both gardeners and farmers believe that the Aggressor hybrid will save energy and costs, as well as guarantee a high yield.